Read the following case and answer all five questions.
WEBCOR: BUILDING BUY-IN IN THE BRICK-AND-MORTAR BUSINESS
1. How has Webcor used technology to support project management in the construction field?(150 words)
2. Describe the main lessons IT managers can learn from Webcor builders about the successful adoption of new technologies. (150 words)
3. Webcor bought an application called PlanGrid to mark up construction blueprints on iPads. PlanGrid can be used when the workers are offline and later syncs up with files on the Box platform. Webcor frequently follows this approach of buying application and then building application programming interfaces (APIs) to connect these programs to its main enterprise systems. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this IT development process? (150 words)
4. What obstacles do companies face when developing customized IT systems themselves? Under what circumstances does it make sense? (150 words)
5. How might developing whole IT systems themselves rather than adopting already developed solutions and integrating them using APIs, change Webcor’s ability to encourage IT adoption? (150 words)