The submission is in the form of a portfolio and a presentation which includes the following components:
1. Project management plan including a work break down structure in the form of a Gantt chart
2. A completed project Logbook
3. An audio recording of a performance review
4. A business case presentation.
The presentation slides and speaker notes should be submitted in the e- portfolio. You are required to make effective use of PowerPoint headings, bullet points and subsections as appropriate. Your research should be referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. The recommended word limit is 3,000 to 3,500 words.
Talent management mostly focuses on developing and retaining good people to get a success in the organisation, real success comes when heart and minds of individuals are engaged. Companies in Qatar need to focus on employing talented work force in order to be competitive. As a business consultant with Ernst & Young you have been asked to conduct a research project with companies in Qatar, on the strategies used to attract and retain talented workforce in the organisation. Workforce is the actual asset of companies and will always contribute in self as well overall development of organization. The fate and future of any company in Qatar lies in the hands of capable Human resources as companies could perform better when they have the best talented workforce. Companies in Qatar need to understand talent management strategies need to be transparent and clearly communicated in the company. This assignment brings about the strategies used by Qatari companies to attract and retain talented workforce.
Your report should cover the following sections:
is the introductory chapter. Discuss the background to the feasibility study and state the aims and objectives. Produce a comprehensive project management plan covering aspects of cost, scope, quality, milestone schedule, timescales, communication, risk and resources; the breakdown of the work structure by producing Gantt Charts for effective planning and monitoring to achieve the aims & objectives of the project.
Carry out a small scale research by applying primary and secondary research methods Secondary research can be done by reviewing the literature of the topic and try to identify as many items as possible that are relevant to the topic; “identify how companies attract and retain talented workforce”. In your literature review you should mention the sources of data collection i.e. secondary data. You should also collect primary data by applying appropriate method.
present a detailed research design for the study, discussing the following –
1. Critically evaluate:
- project management process
- The reliability and accuracy of the research methods applied.
- The research methodology applied
2. Decide on the appropriate target research sample to get appropriate results.
- Analyse the findings and data using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Evaluate the tools and techniques used to analyse the findings.
· Communicate the outcomes and use the best method to disseminate your findings from the primary data and secondary date collected to support and justify your recommendations and analysis. You must also consider the level or capability of your target audience to draw valid and meaningful conclusions.
· Critically evaluate the strategies used by management to attract and retain talented workforce in organisations and the value of the project management process to meet the stated objectives.
Finally, produce a 12-slide PowerPoint presentation to support the report.
- Reflection of the value gained from conducting this project and its usefulness for the companies to attract and retain talented workforce in organisation.
- Reflect on your own project research process, information gathering and data collection; objectives and support own learning and performance together with the deliverables from inception to conclusion, to meet the stated objectives and support your own learning and performance experience.