Topic: Artificial Intelligence
This is the guideline for your group research paper assignment. The topic of your group’s research is Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the context of computer science.
Please review the Wikipedia link below as a starting point for the topic. (Do not use Wikipedia as a reference in the paper.)
Your group should conduct research on this topic by reading published articles, publications, white papers, thesis, books, and case studies.
Write up of your group’s research findings in MS Word document that:
– describe the principles behind the field of AI;
– what are some of the technologies that is fueling the rapid development and advancement of AI;
– what breakthrough has occurred in the field of AI in the last 5 years (reference case, specific application, or any real world examples);
– attach a case study to the paper and summarize the case by including the following:
* the business environment/context/opportunity that led to the consideration of AI application
* how was the AI applied in the environment/context/opportunity
* benefits and outcomes of applying AI
– what challenges remain in the field of AI for researcher/scientists;
– and how AI has and/or will impact a particular major (such as finance, marketing, CIS, etc) – reference a source to support your opinion
Your final paper should include the following:
Paper should be at least 10 pages in length (double or single space is up to you – quality of the writeup is more important than quantity of words)
Paper should use In-Text Citation to References, and include List of References at the end of the paper following the APA format (see the following link for guideline)
Paper should reference at least 6 sources used in your research, and at least 4 of the sources must be from printed publications. Online version of a printed/published article/paper can be referenced as non-web based content, however make sure you reference it as its original published source.
Your paper should be informative (as if you are teaching someone who does not understand the field of AI), professional and presentable to any audience.
You can submit the paper 3 times before the due date, I will only grade your last submission. Remember, the person with the star on the group roster (paper you turned in to me Tursday) is the one to submit the completed research paper into blackboard. I will only grade starred individual submission from each group.
Keep in mind, this is a group project. As discussed during class, if you are not contributing to the group effort for this assignment and your other two team mates decides to drop you from the group, then you are to complete this research paper on your own. So make sure you contribute to the team. My recommendation is have a open discussion about what each of you are strong at and weak at, so to be transparent and work out how to tackle this assignment based on each members’ ability. Also, do leverage online collaboration tools such as messenger and/or shared google doc so you each of the team member can work on the research on their own schedule without having to physically meet. Lastly, I recommend each team decide on a schedule of what needs to be completed by when and by who. This should be done early so expectations to each members are clear and everyone can contribute accordingly to follow the game plan.