Due Week 4 and worth 60 points
Read the End of Chapter 3 Application Case entitled, “Continental Airlines Flies High With Its Real-Time Data Warehouse,” located in the textbook.
Write a three- to four-page paper in which you:
- Examine the Continental Airlines Go Forward plan and its business benefits.
- Explain why it is important for an airline to use a real-time data warehouse.
- Examine the major differences between the traditional data warehouse and a real-time data warehouse, as was implemented at Continental Airlines.
- Identify strategic advantages that Continental Airlines can derive from the real-time system as opposed to a traditional information system and explain why.
- Assess the factors that contributed to the successful implementation of the real-time data warehouse.
- Propose at least two ways that Continental Airlines can enhance the established data warehouse system in the future.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the role of data warehouses in the context of DSS.
- Develop a decision support solution to solve a proposed business problem.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in data mining.
- Write clearly and concisely about Decision Support and Business Intelligence topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
- Click here to view the grading rubric.