Build a comprehensive 3-Day Professional Development Plan that addresses the student achievement needs you identified from the Week 1 Data Set. Build upon the curriculum alignment you explored in Week 2 to ensure student receive the appropriate level of rigor needed to meet state standards. Revise and edit your Week 1, 2, & 3 PD Elements. Create the fourth element that focuses on instructional practices to improve learning and student achievement.
1) Write down the first three steps of the scientific method. Think of a broad topic that you are interested in and which would make a good sociological study—for example, ethnic diversity in a college, homecoming rituals, athletic scholarships, or teen driving. Now, take that topic through the first steps of the process. For each step, write a few sentences or a paragraph: 1) Ask a question about the topic. 2) Do some research and write down the titles of some articles or books you’d want to read about the topic. 3) Formulate a hypothesis.
2) Imagine you are about to do field research in a specific place for a set time. Instead of thinking about the topic of study itself, consider how you, as the researcher, will have to prepare for the study. What personal, social, and physical sacrifices will you have to make?
5) Why do you think the ASA crafted such a detailed set of ethical principles? What type of study could put human participants at risk?
6) Would you willingly participate in a sociological study that could potentially put your health and safety at risk, but had the potential to help thousands or even hundreds of thousands of people? For example, would you participate in a study of a new drug that could cure diabetes or cancer, even if it meant great inconvenience and physical discomfort for you or possible permanent damage?
This assignment contains a scenario where you are the analyst in the security operations center. Your task is to perform an investigation based on the three (3) files that are given to you. Use all the tools you have been exposed to so far as part of your investigation. After completing your analysis, please submit one PDF document of your analysis. This report needs to be professional and use the incident response template attached to complete your report.
Please read the PacketAnalysis_Assignment.pdf for instructions.
There are a total of 5 documents for this assignment.
- Template to be used to submit your report
- Assignment instructions PDF document
- Packet Capture file – evidence file
- Snort capture file – evidence file
- Surricata capture file – evidence file
Analyzing Adverse Impact at Super Foods!
Unit Learning Outcomes
· Implement requirements of staffing system under employment laws. (1)
· Examine validation requirements for disparate impact. (1 & 2)
Read Chapter 3: Exercise 1. Strategy: Analyzing Adverse Impact. Mary was recently hired as an HR generalist at Super Foods, an organic grocery chain. One of her first assignments is to review the store’s data on its cashiers to identify if its hiring and promotion practices have had an adverse (disparate) impact on men or women. Mary generated the following reports (see 3 tables Chapter Exercises: Strategy: Analyzing Adverse Impact), from the company’s employee database to use in her analyses. Address what the data from each table tells Mary.
Use this information to determine whether there is evidence of sex discrimination for cashiers. Write a brief report explaining why there is or is not adverse impact. If there is, try to identify what might be happening and suggest ways the firm can reduce it.
· Minimum 3 pages
· Minimum 2 scholarly outside sources, or professional periodicals, e.g. Harvard Business Review published within the last two years.
· APA format
Hist 104- Short Answer-Reflection/Review Assignment
Procedure: Students are to answer five (5) of the following questions. Each answer should be approximately 2-3 paragraphs. Students should utilize class notes and/or the textbook as a starting point, but may utilize other sources as needed. Each question is worth 10 points. Answers should be typed and double spaced (Times New Roman or Arial font, size 12). Each question is worth 10 points.
1. How would European settlers explain their superiority to Native Americans and justify both the conquest of native lands and terminating their freedom?
2. For English settlers, land was the basis of liberty. Explain the reasoning behind that concept and how it differed from the Indians’ concept of land.
3. Eric Foner states, “Prejudice by itself did not create American slavery.” Examine the economic forces, events, and laws that shaped the experiences of enslaved people.
4. Define and discuss the concepts of republicanism and liberalism and how these ideas contributed to the political development of the British Colonies.
5. Discuss the actions taken by the British after the Seven Years’ War. Why did the colonists view these actions as unjust and an attack on their liberty?
6. For the lower classes, colonial society had been based on inequality, deference, and obedience. How did the American Revolution challenge that social order?
7. How did the expansion of the public sphere after the American Revolution and a new discussion of rights offer opportunities to women?
The problem-solving model was first laid out by Helen Perlman. Her seminal 1957 book, Social Casework: A Problem-Solving Process, described the problem-solving model and the 4Ps. Since then, other scholars and practitioners have expanded the problem-solving model and problem-solving therapy. At the heart of problem-solving model and problem-solving therapy is helping clients identify the problem and the goal, generating options, evaluating the options, and then implementing the plan.
Because models are blueprints and are not necessarily theories, it is common to use a model and then identify a theory to drive the conceptualization of the client’s problem, assessment, and interventions. Take, for example, the article by Westefeld and Heckman-Stone (2003). Note how the authors use a problem-solving model as the blueprint in identifying the steps when working with clients who have experienced sexual assault. On top of the problem-solving model, the authors employed crisis theory, as this theory applies to the trauma of going through sexual assault. Observe how, starting on page 229, the authors incorporated crisis theory to their problem-solving model.
In this Final Case Assignment, using the same case study that you chose in Week 2, you will use the problem-solving model AND a theory from the host of different theoretical orientations you have used for the case study.
You will prepare a PowerPoint presentation consisting of 11 to 12 slides.
- Review and focus on the case study that you chose in Week 2. (Jake Levy Case Study)
- Review the problem-solving model, focusing on the five steps of the problem-solving model formulated by D’Zurilla on page 388 in the textbook.
- In addition, review this article listed in the Learning Resources: Westefeld, J. S., & Heckman-Stone, C. (2003). The integrated problem-solving model of crisis intervention: Overview and application. The Counseling Psychologist, 31(2), 221–239. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1177/0011000002250638
presenting your PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
- Identify the theoretical orientation you have selected to use.
- Describe how you would assess the problem orientation of the client in your selected case study (i.e., how the client perceives the problem). Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind in this assessment stage.
- Discuss the problem definition and formulation based on the theoretical orientation you have selected.
- Identify and describe two solutions from all the solutions possible. Remember, some of these solutions should stem from the theoretical orientation you are utilizing.
- Describe how you would implement the solution. Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind.
- Describe the extent to which the client is able to mobilize the solutions for change.
- Discuss how you would evaluate whether the outcome is achieved or not. Remember to keep the theoretical orientation in mind.
- Evaluate how well the problem-solving model can be used for short-term treatment of this client.
- Evaluate one merit and one limitation of using the problem-solving model for this case.
Your 11- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation should follow these guidelines:
- Each slide should be written using bullet points, meaning no long paragraphs of written text should be in the slides.
- Include a brief narration of less than 30 seconds for each slide (i.e., the narration takes the place of any written paragraphs, while the bullet points provide context and cues for the audience to follow along).
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen.
- Use literature to support your claims.
- Use APA formatting and style.
- Include the reference list on the last slide.
Information security uses administrative, technical (logical), and physical controls to mitigate risks related to organization’s assets. A policy is an administrative control. If no policy exist in the IT department, research shows that employees will default to a defacto policy. A defacto policy means a policy that is in effect ,but not formally recognize. To stop this for happening, It is important for students to understand how to take the cloud best practices discussed throughout this course and use them to create a cloud security policy. Cloud security fundamentals and mechanisms is a huge part of the cloud security policy. For this assignment, read the attached article: “Our Journey to the Cloud”. Use the SANS email policy template SANS email policy template – Alternative Formats to create a policy for the cloud. Please note, the SANS policy is a template you can use to structure your policy. If you are having trouble with the links above, these supporting documents can be found in the Cloud Policy Assignment Documents folder.
Discussion 1: Positive Regard
Carl Rogers, a humanistic psychologist, believed that individuals must feel accepted for who they are in order to have a high level of self-worth (Farber & Doolin, 2011). Rogers coined the term “positive regard” to explain this concept of feeling accepted. Also, he believed that positive regard is essential to personal growth and self-actualization.
For this Discussion, view the “Johnson” video (Episode 3).
Post your description of the purpose of this group. Explain the use of empowerment and strengths-based strategies. How does “positive regard” impact the group session in this video? How might you respond to Talia when she voices her skepticism of the usefulness of group sharing?
References (use 3 or more)
Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An introduction to group work practice (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
· Chapter 9, “Treatment Groups: Foundation Methods” (pp. 264-294)
· Chapter 10, “Treatment Groups: Specialized Methods” (pp. 295-335)
Farber, B. A., & Doolin, E. M. (2011). Positive regard. Psychotherapy, 48(1), 58–64.
Laureate Education. (Producer). (2013b). Johnson (Episode 3) [Video file]. In Sessions. Baltimore, MD: Producer. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
Piper, W. E., Ogrodniczuk, J. S., Lamarche, C., & Joyce, A. S. (2006). Use of the social relations model by group therapists: Application and commentary. International Journal of Group Psychotherapy, 56(2), 191–209.
Graded Assignments may be found at the end of each chapter of the required textbook under the title “Real-World Exercises”. Each assignment is due between Monday to Sunday evening by 11:59 p.m. EST. of the respective week. Each student is to select one exercise (per module exercise) from the grouping as identified below. Provide documented evidence, in Moodle, of completion of the chosen exercise (i.e. provide answers to each of the stated questions). Detailed and significant scholarly answers will be allotted full point value. Incomplete, inaccurate, or inadequate answers will receive less than full credit depending on the answers provided. All submissions need to directed to the appropriate area within Moodle. Late submissions, hardcopy, or email submissions will not be accepted.
Module 3 Graded Assignment
From Chapter 3, page 123, Real World Exercise 3.1 and 3.2
Explaining System Performance Requirements
Refer to the readings Requirements and Developing Requirements for an IT System provided in Week 5, where the types of requirements are defined and examples are given. System performance requirements address quality (how the system must perform) and security. The areas listed are:
- Protection of data as it is transmitted and when it is stored
- User authentication
- Authorization of user to perform specific functions
- Data backup and recovery
Group 2: For this week’s discussion, Group 2 will post an initial response with:
- Choose one of the system performance or security areas listed above
- Put the area you selected into the Subject/Title of your posting
- Explain what this area means in terms of system performance. Use the definitions provided in the Week 5 Requirements reading. If you need additional clarification, you can search for other sources, but be aware that these terms are defined and used differently for other purposes; be sure you find explanations that support the definition provided in the Requirements reading.
- Explain why it will be important to the MTC Hiring System.
Our essay writing company is the ideal homework help platform for college and university students. We offer assignment writing services across the globe.