Week 3 Assignment – Creating a Culture of Innovation and Creativity
Creativity and innovation are essential to an organization’s success, and both should be infused into every aspect of a business. Companies with creative and innovative employees keep up with industry changes and have a competitive advantage. Human Resources (HR) can help to foster a workplace’s culture.
For this assignment, assume the role of HR Manager. The HR Director has asked you to define the ideal qualities of the employees and leadership for cultivating a culture of creativity and innovation. Your findings will be used to develop training and development for new and/or existing employees and leaders.
Choose one of the following:
- Option 1: Imagine you are creating a new and innovative company in the travel or retail industry.
- Option 2: Use a company you are interested in from the travel or retail industry.
Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Identify which option you chose and indicate the products and/or services the company provides.
- Describe the ideal qualities of a leader who inspires a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Describe the steps a leader may take to be a contributor to a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Identify two important leadership qualities of an individual aspiring to be a leader.
- Describe barriers to fostering a culture of creativity and innovation from a leadership and employee perspective.
- Discuss ways that the leadership may coach and support employees with overcoming the barriers.