Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Discussion 1
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Challenging Classroom Behaviors
Chapter 9 of your course text addresses the following topics:
- Behavioral health as it pertains to a child’s set of behaviors that are in response to early experiences and actions of others.
- Emotional development as it pertains to a child’s increasing ability to express emotions appropriately.
- Social development as it pertains to the growth of a child’s capacity to have relationships and to work cooperatively in the future (Groark & Song, 2012).
Create a visual and written plan for a parent bulletin board that you will place on a large wall outside your classroom which parents will see when they enter your facility.
For this discussion, the written plan will include:
- An explanation of behavioral health, emotional development, and social development at your specific developmental level. Be sure to identify the developmental level in the subject line of your discussion. For example, your subject line will read as one of the following:
- Infant Parent Bulletin Board
- Toddler Parent Bulletin Board
- Preschool Age Parent Bulletin Board
- School Age Parent Bulletin Board
- Common characteristics of behavioral health, emotional development, and social development at this level.
- Specific ways you are supporting this development in the classroom.
- Specific ways parents can support this development at home.
Please also provide a visual plan of this bulletin board through use of an uploaded picture, scanned image or other electronic creation.
Guided Response: Review your peers’ posts. Using respectful netiquette, respond to at least two peers utilizing the following three prompts with college-level thought and elaboration:
- I like…
- Might I suggest…
- What if you…