Design and Facilitation of a Learning Activity
The objective of the learning activity is to engage the group in an experiential exercise, and in critical reflection, related to some aspect of social work practice. There are two sample learning activities that has been uploaded for this work. please have a look at them.
PART A: Options for online learning activities include:
- Interactive activity based on a specific reading(s) or website(s) assigned in the
- Interactive activity based on a reading (preferably brief) or web resource
introduced by the student facilitator
- Interactive activity based on a case study developed by the student facilitator
- Online role play developed by the student facilitator (e.g. facilitation of a
simulated group, family or organizational meeting)
- Online poetry slam initiated and guided by the student facilitator
- Online debate moderated by the student facilitator
- Any other ideas for engaging group members in experiencing and reflecting on
The facilitator will post the instructions for the learning activity on Monday of the designated week. The learning activity should present a clearly defined task, for example:
- Read the following article(s) and answer these questions…
- Visit this website and reflect on the following…
- Read the case study and answer these questions…
- Read the scenario and take the role of … in a discussion and debriefing
- The learning activity should give students the opportunity to respond to critical questions related to the weekly topic. You are encouraged to integrate the Unit’s posted Learning Activities and questions as part of the design of your Activity.
As facilitator, your role is to:
- Clearly outline the task
- Share your own thoughts and invite group members to respond
- Encourage and moderate group discussion ( for me to do)
- Encourage critique of the framework and concepts presented
PART B Should be done after i send some response from the group of the task i put up which will be few days after this is due.)
Wrap up the learning activity with a summary of the discussion, including your
critical reflections on the process (what you learned from the experience) on Monday of the following week
- Ability to design a learning activity that engages students and demonstrates creativity, clarity and critical thinking
- Ability to demonstrate group facilitation skills, including stimulating and encouraging participation, addressing the group’s learning needs, being willing to consider other viewpoints/positions and to challenge ideas
- Ability to demonstrate timeliness, dependability and regularity, in facilitating the learning activity and in providing a summary that reflects the themes of the discussion, makes specific connections with the Unit topic, and comments on how the activity has influenced your thinking and learning
Unit Readings and Articles
(Please read in the following order after reading the Unit Notes)
- Brun, C. & Rapp, R. (2001). Strengths-Based Case Management: Individuals’ Perspectives on Strengths and Case Manager Relationship. Social Work, 46(3). 278-288. (this article has been uploaded)
- Lietz, Cynthia. (2007). Strengths-based group practice: Three case studies. Social Work With Groups, 30(2). 73-87. (This article has been uploaded)
- Edwards, S. & Turnell, A. (n.d.). The signs of safety approach to child protection casework. (has been uploaded)
Solution Focused Brief Therapy Association
Working with strengths and solutions:Unit 4
A strengths perspective on social work practice is based on the assumption that people and communities inherently possess strengths, abilities and inner resources that can be identified, mobilized and used to create growth and change. This unit will consider examples of direct practice from this perspective in various contexts. The construction of solution-oriented questions will also be explored.
By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- Describe strengths-based social work and solution-oriented practice
- Evaluate these practices with respect to critical and anti-oppressive social work and your developing personal framework
- Formulate collaborative and solution-oriented questions
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Evaluate these practices with respect to critical and anti-oppressive social work and your developing personal framework appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Evaluate these practices with respect to critical and anti-oppressive social work and your developing personal framework was first posted on July 30, 2019 at 12:17 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Paper Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"