Economics as Moral Philosophy
- The Enlightenment (PPT_3)
- Progress (Scientific Revolution & Enlightenment)
- The Individual
- Utilitarianism and Virtue: The World of Limited Good Revisited
- Jeremy Bentham, An Introduction to the Principles of Morals & Legislation, chpts. 1-5.
- Smith,The Theory of Moral Sentiments(Part I, section I)
Paper prompt 4 (due June 16): What is Bentham’s view of virtue? What is Smith’s theory of virtue? How does Smith’s theory of virtue compare with that of utility maximalization?