Introduction: This assignment allows you to focus on one or several closely related concepts learned throughout the semester and apply those concepts to your own life. Additionally, this assignment will provide you with the chance to explore communication literature outside of the textbook and use that information to supplement your own perspective on learned concepts.
This information is a preview to your final paper which is due in Module 8; you should plan ahead so that you have adequate time to complete this assignment. Your assignment will be a 6-8 page (including title page and reference page) final paper. The essay should incorporate frequent references to the text, with 5 other additional scholarly sources included, making a total of 6 references used as in-text citations. Your writing should display knowledge, analysis, evaluation, and application of the material you have studied in the course. Make sure to use size twelve font, double-spacing, and APA documentation. You Must Choose ONE of the Potential Topics Below:
- Interpersonal communication in the workplace
- Conflict: the growth or death of relationships
- I am who ‘they say I am,” or am I who I say I am?: self concept, interpersonal communication, and personal growth
- Sticks and stones can break my bones but words…: the power of verbal and nonverbal communication
Acceptable Length: This essay should be four to six (4-6) pages and be made up of clear introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs. The title page and the References page will make the entire document six to eight (6-8) pages long. Formatting Requirements:
Put your name, course and section number, and assignment title on the cover page. Your response begins on page 2.
Grading Criteria: This paper should be an original response to above mentioned prompt. You will be graded out of one hundred (100) weighted points on the following measures: word count, organization, use of sources, citation of sources, mechanics, introduction contents, body contents, and conclusion contents. Please click the assignment and the option to “View Rubric” for more specifics on how points are to be allocated. You are expected to use concepts and terms from the textbook, module Resources, and other research you have done on your own. Please click the assignment in the “Final Paper” tab and the option to “View Rubric” for more specifics on how points are to be allocated. The overall score noted in a Safe Assign originality report is an indicator of the percentage of the submitted paper matching existing sources. This score is a warning indicator only and papers should be reviewed to see if the matches are properly attributed.
- Scores below 15 percent: These papers typical include some quotes and few common phrases or blocks of text that match other documents. These papers typically do not require further analysis, as there is no evidence of plagiarism in these papers.
- Scores between 15 percent and 40 percent: These papers include extensive quoted or paraphrased material or they may include plagiarism. These papers should be reviewed to determine if the matching content is properly attributed.
- Scores over 40 percent: There is a very high probability that text in this paper was copied from other sources. These papers likely include quoted or paraphrased text in excess and should be reviewed for plagiarism.