Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross-reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Sizer, F., & Whitney, E. N. (2020).
After studying Module 3: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
- Describe the role of the following organs in processing food:
- Small intestine
- Large intestine
- What is peristalsis and how does it help in the digestion of food?
- Can you think of a disorder or medication that would speed up or slow down peristalsis?
- Your initial post should be at least 150 words, formatted, and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.