This assignment is intended to help you learn to do the following:
- Apply field knowledge to a Psychology/Social Sciences real-world practicum experience or capstone project.
- Identify and describe ethical issues that can arise when working in the community.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to a real-world project.
- Evaluate the experience of participating in a real-world project.
- Prepare a formal written practicum report/capstone paper on the real-world project selected.
- Present an oral executive briefing from the practicum experience/capstone paper on the real-world project selected.
The final report is the main deliverable of the course. The report is meant to be as complete a representation as possible of your Practicum Project experience. It is expected that in it you will detail what you have learned in this course, provide a culminating explanation of what you have learned in the degree, and clarify your expectations going forward.
You should draw on theories, main principles, and foundational concepts of applied psychology that you have studied in the curriculum. You will: 1) summarize your practical experience; 2) discuss how at least three theories relate to your practical experience; and 3) describe how those theories and the experience in this course figure into your next steps.