Choose a group/population and complete the following assignment.
This assignment will be formatted in a PowerPoint presentation to include voice overlay.
Pick a specific group/population. For example, your group could be a women’s group for breast cancer survivors, loss of a child, women who have been incarcerated – these are just a few examples. Pick a population and then dial it down to a specific topic of your choice.
Once you have decided your topic the following should be included in your PP presentation:
- Type of therapeutic group
- Cultural considerations
- What leadership style would work best for this group?
- Ethical considerations
- Identify a therapeutic theory or approach that would work best for this group?
- Identify possible challenges the group may incur during the Initial, Transition and Final stages of group. This may be viewed as possible strengths and weaknesses of each stage.
- Discuss possible considerations regarding the termination phase of group.
A reference slide should be provided at the end of your PP presentation.