Research Paper: Write a research paper drawing upon your readings of the issues and problems facing many aspects of community colleges today. Select one of the statements below AND prepare a comprehensive answer of the topic and critically apply the broad conclusions to the improvement of a community college with which you are familiar. The research paper should include a sufficient number of sources from the three required textbooks and other recommended readings about the community college. The research paper should be from 8 to 10 pages, excluding the title page and reference page following APA manual style (6th ed.).
· Analyze the purpose, goals and expectations of the community college in its development in American Higher Education.
· Summarize the trends and patterns of funding used for community colleges in the U.S.
· Analyze and discuss the issue of career education in community colleges.
· Critically review issues related to developmental education in Community Colleges.
· Develop a proposal how a community college could develop a General Education program.
· Analyze and discuss the various forms of governance and administration that have developed in the community college system.
· Appraise and discuss the social role of the American Community College today.
Cohen, A. M., Brawer, F. B. & Kisker, C. B. (2013).
The American Community
San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. ISBN-13: 978-1118449813
Kozeracki, C. A. ed. (Spring, 2005).
New Directions for Community Colleges:
Responding to the Challenges of Developmental Education.
San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. (See PDF file in Canvas)