Criteria for answers:
1) Direct reference to the chapter’s laws/regulations (Employment Laws, Case Law, Statutes)
2) Direct reference to the chapter’s concepts (discrimination, ethics, social responsibility)
3) Quotes from the text.
4) Personal opinions based on an analysis of the above. 5) Each answer should be a paragraph (or a minimum of 5-7 sentences long)
Read chapter 4 (attached) and answer the following question:
1. Read this weeks’ ethical dilemma. What would you do? pg.87
2. Why is strategic planning so critical to a business?
3. How does human resource planning compliment an organization’s strategic plan?
4. Pick one of the forecasting techniques and describe how it works and provide an example
5. How can HR support succession planning efforts?
6. Why should you do a job analysis?
7. Does anyone have “other duties as assigned” on their job description? (skip this one)
8. “If executives don’t get the people process right, they will never fulfill the potential of the business.” Discuss.
9. What are some of the challenges of managing global talent?
10. Describe the difference between job enrichment and job enlargement.