Turnaround at Beth Israel
To be considered complete, all written assignments must include proper citations within the body of the paper when relevant, as well as a References section. Failure to cite outside sources is plagiarism and will be treated as such! You must also include a title page. Do not include pictures or graphics. All documents must be in Word format and in APA writing styles. The completed assignment must be uploaded in the ASSIGNMENT area by the specified deadline.
- Read the story of the turnaround of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Chapter 2: Exercise 2.2).
- Watch the YouTube video:
- Respond to the attached questions, using the specifications above. Each response must be at least a paragraph in length.
The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
- Identify five factors that explain the success of this corporate turnaround.
Explain in a comprehensive manner, in no less than one paragraph, the five factors that lend to the success of this corporate turnaround.
2. Describe Paul Levy’s role and contributions to this turnaround.
Explain in a comprehensive manner, in no less than one paragraph, the role that Paul Levy played in contributing to this turnaround.
3. What lessons about managing organizational change can be taken from this exercise and applied to other organizations in healthcare and other sectors? Or are the lessons unique to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center?
Explain in a comprehensive manner, in no less than one paragraph, your thoughts on lessons about managing organizational change that can be taken from this exercise and applied to other organizations in healthcare and other sectors.
The conclusion is logical, flows from one question to the next question, and reviews the major points.
Include a reference page for source(s): The textbook is always a reference.
Follow APA formatting for writing, citing, and the reference page.
Put the paper title information on a separate page.
Do not include extra lines between paragraphs, and so forth.
Grammar, punctuation, spelling, and so forth will all be taken into consideration when awarding points.
Proofread your paper before submitting. Spell-check is not foolproof.
Re-content, if you make a statement; for example, “All people who break the law should improve their communication skills to stay out of jail,” you need to substantiate that statement. If that statement is not your own thought or a statistic, cite it. If it is your opinion, state that and explain what led you to that opinion. Provide enough information to validate and explain your statement of opinion.
Treat these assignments as real-world situations. This will give you the opportunity to practice how you would research and provide information as an HR professional.