Watch this video.
This video focuses on the impact that gender roles and sexuality have on an individual.
In a 1-2 page Microsoft Word document, include the following:
- Describe the influence that gender roles played for Johanna’s behavior, both before she became Johanna (as a child her name was Jonathon) and after she became Johanna.
- Compare the behaviors of Johanna’s biological mother to that of Johanna’s foster family. How did they influence Johanna’s behavior?
- What is the significance for Johanna of finding a community of people like her? How does this influence her gender roles and sexuality?
- Use two different theories to analyze some of Johanna’s behaviors and give specific examples that connect to the theoretical analysis.
- Compare Johanna’s experiences to that of a “typical” teenager. What needs are not being met for Johanna? What are some possible behaviors or issues Johanna might face in her future as a result of not having her needs met? How could a Human Services professional help?
- Explain what Johanna’s story teaches to the general public about gender roles and sexuality. How does this story influence you as a future Human Services professional?