1) Refer to “The Use of Electro-Acupuncture in Conjunction with Exercise for the Treatment of Chronic Low-Back Pain” by Yeung, Leung, and Chow.
2) Complete “Yeung Analysis Worksheet.”
3) Examine the question the researchers were trying to answer and write an essay (500-750 words) that explains why you feel the t-test was chosen. Choose one of the other tools studied so far in this course and explain why it would not provide relevant findings.
4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructor will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Yeung Analysis Worksheet:
Yeung, C., Leung, M., & Chow, D. H. K. (2003). The Use of Electro-Acupuncture in Conjunction with Exercise for the Treatment of Chronic Low-Back Pain.
What was the research question?
What were the independent variables?
What was the dependent variable?
What was the sample size and how was it chosen?
What was the experimental design and use of control group?
Were the instruments of measurement shown to be reliable and valid?
What data types were included?
Describe the statistics used, what they were used for, and the results.
What were the researchers’ conclusions? How did they answer the research question(s)?
How was error controlled?
Did you see any concerns with the research study? If so, what?