You should refer to the FASB Accounting Standards Codification (FASB ASC), specifically, when answering some of the questions below:
- Under what circumstance(s) would the amount included in the foreign currency translation account be recorded in the Income Statement instead of the Statement of Other Comprehensive Income?
- Under what circumstance(s) would it potentially make sense for a Company to consider hedging the amount included in the Statement of Other Comprehensive Income for Foreign Currency Translation? Be specific.
- Explain in a few sentences how the accounting for foreign currency translation differs for subsidiaries of a US Parent Company operating in a hyperinflationary environment which are consolidated into the Parent Company’s financial statements.
- For the accumulated foreign currency translation balance which your Assignment in Connect arrived at, is the amount of the translation adjustment in the current year a debit or a credit, and what does that mean with regards to the movement of foreign exchange during the period against the US Dollar? Be specific.
- Write a paper of 2-3 pages double-spaced in length, not counting the title and the reference page(s) and any Exhibit(s) or Appendices. Submissions in excess of 3 pages are acceptable.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from the Module interactive lecture and readings, including professional business language.
- Cite at least 3 credible, academic or professional sources for this assignment. Please include intext citations. The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources plus the FASB Codification.
- Format your paper according to APA guidelines in the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).